Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

At Our House, It's Okay to Stuff Your Face!

Well, Lydia is starting solids now, and not a moment too soon! She's been grabbing at our plates every night at dinner for the past month. She's not quite sure what to think about rice cereal, but we'll keep trying at it.

I took Lydia in for her 4 month checkup last week (she's 5 1/2 months...our doctor is REALLY busy), and she had only gained about 1 pound since her last visit. She's now 12 lb. 6 oz., which puts her down in the 4th percentile! I was shocked. I know she's petite, but she doesn't look extremely unhealthy! Her head is still in the 75th percentile, though, so Grant now calls her our little "PEZ dispenser". I'll have to add that nickname in her baby book. :) So the doctor suggested I try giving her a couple ounces of formula after she nurses to give her some extra calories. It was no good---she won't take the formula, and when we practically forced it, she threw it all up! I'm not quite sure what to do, but we'll keep trying different things to plump this little girl up! We also discovered that Lydia has eczema, like her Daddy. She's had some dry spots on her skin, so I suspected it, and the doctor confirmed it. We just have to make sure and keep her lotioned up good!
In other news:
Lydia is already practicing her glamour shot poses in her sleep.
She's making friends with Hannah, my friend Jasmyn's little girl. They even shared their toys, passing them back and forth (more like grabbing them back and forth from each other).
Lydia has finally discovered her feet and tries to suck on them all the time.
We love our little girl and couldn't ask for a more perfect baby!

3 comments:

  1. when sadie was a baby her entire head was covered in eczema it was very uncute. then when she was 1 she got it covering her body for weeks it was really sad...lots of oatmeal baths :) maddie still wants nothing to do with sitting i'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, she is so cute. How do you keep her hair parted so perfectly? Reilly had eczema, too...the problem was it was in all her FAT rolls - hard to treat. Carter was more like Lydia - low body weight and big head measurements. However, Lydia's head DOES NOT look big so I'm surprised that she is high on the chart. She looks proportioned and adorable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Loni! SOOO cute! I'm finally catching up on reading what's going on... :)
    I couldn't find your website for a while, but I'm SO glad I did. SOOO cute & super funny! I LOVE the updates!

    ReplyDelete