Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ah, the weekend...

You know those days when the weather is just perfect and all the family is home, and all you want to do is sit and soak up all the gorgeous sunshine? Well, that's exactly how I felt about last Saturday (too bad that didn't last! We got snow yesterday morning!). After all the crazy weather we've been having we finally got one nice day, perfect to be outside, and I wanted to take full advantage of it. Unfortunately, Grant planned to dedicate all day Saturday to working on the truck to pass inspection (he's actually STILL working on it as I post this). But that didn't stop us from having some nice, quality, family time. Lydia and I spread out a nice big blanket in the front yard and sat and chattered and played next to daddy as he worked.
There was a lot of this...
and this...
and this.
Lydia loves loves loves being outside. Whenever the front door opens, she makes a beeline for it. Once she gets out there, there's no turning back. She usually cries when it's time to come inside.

I love this hat! It was a hand-me-down. It's a little big for her head still, but all the hats for her age range are too small for her big noggin!
She actually had more fun just crawling around on the blanket and chasing the neighbor's cat than she did playing with her toys!

Grant worked really hard over the weekend! Plus, he was busy all day Sunday with meetings, so by the end of the night, he was wiped out.


Last night and tonight Grant has worked on the truck some more. After Lydia is in bed I've been going outside to sit with Grant to keep him company. I wimped out tonight, though. Once the sun goes down, nights in Utah get cold! I'm glad Grant is willing to work so hard for our family. It's nice that he can do it himself so we can save some money. After all the hard work he's put in today, I'm sure he'll sleep really well tonight!

4 comments:

  1. i had to do a double take of grant sleeping holding lydia thought it was ben :) ben has fallen asleep with mads on the bed before...except he lets her fall off. then he cuddles her. he could learn a thing or two from grant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a busy weekend to make you appreciate your husband. With everything Ben has been doing around here lately, I feel exactly the same way: so glad he is willing/and knows how to do so many things for us. Lydia sure is adorable! We really need to have a barbeque or something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. That is SOOO cute!! He looks TOTALLY tuckered out! haha. And I LOVE that cute Southern Belle lookin' hat of Lydia's. Your little girl is a DOLL, Loni! And way to go Grant!! Miss y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out for that cat! If allergies run in the family, Lydia could be allergic! We recently found out Billie is. We even have an Epi pen for her now. It was so weird. She just was suddenly all red and puffy. I'm sure Lydia is fine though! She is so cute! We look forward to seeing her in July!

    ReplyDelete