Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lydia's 4th Birthday

Lydia really wanted to have an Orange Blossom birthday party this year. We did a Strawberry Shortcake-themed one last year, and for those of you who don't know, Orange Blossom is one of her friends. I knew I'd have a newborn by then, so I talked her into doing a pool party, an idea I got from a friend who has also had tiny babies close to her other kid's birthday. We invited a few friends and let them play in the pool and dig for "buried treasure" in the sandbox. We played a few games and had snacks and cupcakes. Very low key. I still couldn't have done it, though, without my mom being there to help. She was behind the scenes helping out with food prep and keeping an eye on the baby while the party was in full swing.

Shark cupcakes for the boys
Hula dancer cupcakes for the girls.
beach jello cups







We are so grateful that Lydia is in our family. She is a good girl that wants to do what is right. She is good to her little brothers (most of the time :) ) and loves having Rhett for a playmate. She is such a social little girl and jumps at any chance to play with friends. She still loves books and is starting to figure out how letters sound when put together. I bet she'll be reading soon. Lydia is a very curious little girl--her favorite question is "why?"

We love our Lydia.

1 comment:

  1. We love your Lydia, too. She just lights up a room.

    THOSE CUPCAKES! They look professional - super fun party theme.

    ReplyDelete