Lydia recently had her two month checkup and she is doing great. She weighs 11 lb 2 oz and is 23 1/4 inches long. She is in about the 70th percentile for her head, so that means she's going to be really smart, right? :) She's such a joy. We love our little girl.
Grant and I have discussed many times how blessed we feel. We have not really had any hard trials in our marriage. Now, I realize we have only been married a year and a half, but we truly feel blessed that everything in our marriage has gone so smoothly. You always hear that the first year of marriage is the hardest---if our first year was hard, then I am so looking forward to the rest of our lives together! The transition to marriage was so easy. Grant is my best friend. I can't imagine life without him. We are richly blessed. We have a stable job that satisfies all of our needs. We have a nice home, cars that run, loving friends and family, good health, and a beautiful, sweet baby. We have often wondered what our real trials are going to be.
It makes us nervous, knowing how blessed we are, wondering what could be coming around the corner. But I just remind myself that, despite what trials may come, we are still blessed. We have our love for each other, our love for the Gospel, and the love of our Heavenly Father to help us along. I am grateful for a loving, supportive husband who sacrifices so much for our family. I am grateful for his testimony and his desire to be a good father. I am grateful for a sweet daughter who makes motherhood a joy. I love spending my days with her---they are passing too quickly!
We have so much to be thankful for.
Loni,
ReplyDeleteYour sincerity is so good and real. The gratitude you have for your life and for all your blessings will truly be a huge source of strength to you down the road when difficult trials do come, so long as you do not let that gratitude wane. It is so good to hear how great you guys are doing, and of how happy you are. That makes us so happy to hear.:) Lydia is obviously great too... at being a little cutie :), and in general!