Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Monday, December 21, 2009

A Whirlwind of a Month

December was a very busy month for our family---hence the lack of posts. We are all worn out now but recovering and getting back to normal life. Here are some of the happenings of this month, with more posts to come:
Grant's trying to take a nap, but Lydia will have none of it. She's wide awake and ready to play!
Lots of bundling up for the cold outside = lots of static!
Lydia is back to hating tummy time again.
Decorating the tree. Grant made fun of our cheap-looking star, but that's all we've got! Maybe someday we'll upgrade to something a little more classy. Besides, it goes well with all of our old (sometimes tacky) ornaments we both made as kids.
It's not the fanciest looking tree, but it is one filled with memories.
We made gingerbread houses with Grant's parents. This one is mine, Grant gave his away to a family he Home Teaches. While making the gingerbread, I accidentally dropped one of the walls and it broke. Grant volunteered to use it and turned it into a house that a car crashed into. Very creative! I wish I had gotten a picture.




One last video of Lydia talking, I promise! She's gotten down the squealing thing pretty well. Now if only she would roll over more! I think she must have gone on strike, because she hadn't rolled again since I posted about it, until yesterday! She did it three times, so it gives me hope! I wasn't feeling too confident after seeing my 6 week old niece roll over repeatedly during the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment