Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Sunday, January 10, 2010

More Holiday Happenings

So I am horrible to remember to take pictures, but luckily my friend Jasmyn is great at that, so I stole some of these photos from her blog. Toward the beginning of the month we went with Jasmyn, Marc, and their little girl Hannah to the Festival of Trees in Sandy, UT. There are hundreds of trees on display, all elaborately decorated and auctioned off to raise money for Primary Children's Medical Center. I told Grant we should have bought one so we didn't have to mess with finding and decorating a tree, but he wasn't too keen on the idea of spending $1000 on a Christmas tree. Can you imagine??? And those were some of the lower priced trees!
There were also gingerbread houses, Christmas wreaths, and crafty gift ideas. Jasmyn and I (I can't speak for the men) had lots of fun looking at everything and getting ideas for our own homes. And Lydia and Hannah just stared each other down the whole time :)
Another week I went to Jasmyn's house in West Valley and we had a baking day. We made sugar cookies and Jasmyn made some yummy fudge. It was fun to have girl time!
Lydia and Hannah are about two weeks apart in age, so we had a fun time juggling the two of them with our baking adventures. Luckily they were on different schedules---one napped while the other played, then switched, so at least one of us had free hands to work on the goodies.

One night we went caroling with our neighbors and friends in our ward. Lydia didn't mind the cold a bit! She was all bundled up and snuggled with her Dad and even fell alseep! She really is a perfect baby.
And last, but not least, in the month of December, Lydia discovered a new hairstyle. The downside of babies that have hair---really bad hair days. With her lying on the floor to play and roll around, her hair gets pretty mangled at times. This is one example. She has a lot more hair at the bottom of her head than anywhere else, and when I picked her up on this particular day, it was sticking straight out. Lovely, isn't it?






2 comments:

  1. That is the NASTIEST hair I have ever seen!! I think its time for a style change. Dad, where are the scissors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair! Tyler was born with so much dark hair that fell out when he was 3 months old...it looked like dog hair on every blanket we wrapped him in. Now that's gross!
    Tyler sure loves babies. We need to have him play around Lydia and Hannah more and hopefully teach him how to be nice to babies!! Good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete