Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rhett Brady Daniels

Rhett Brady Daniels was born on September 7, 2011 at 4:06 pm. He weighed 9 lb. 3 oz. and measured 21 inches long. Big boy! I was 5 days overdue so we went ahead and scheduled an induction. I really didn't want to be induced again, but what can I say? Things don't always work out the way you hope and plan.




It was such a great delivery, though. Only 6 hours from start to finish--I had steady doses of pitocin each hour and had gradually progressed to 5 cm dilated. Then next thing I knew, I had progressed to a 10 in less than 20 minutes! It was time to push. I pushed for just 10 minutes (I had to push for over 2 hours with Lydia), and the baby was out! It all went so smoothly, I couldn't believe it was over already.



We just think he is the cutest thing. And so big! Check out those chubby cheeks.



This was his going home outfit---almost too small!




Lydia absolutely LOVES Rhett. Every morning when she wakes up and after her naps, one of the first things she asks is "Where's baby Rhett?" She always wants to hold him and give him his binkie. She always insists that he is awake, even if she's looking right at him snoozing away. Silly girl. I think she just wants him to be awake so she can hold him and play with him.





He may be a big baby, but he still seems so tiny!


It's been a week now since we welcomed Rhett and we feel very blessed. I have bounced back amazingly fast and am feeling great. Grant was able to stay home with me for three days plus over the weekend, and he has been such a great help with Lydia and with all the chores around the house. He won't let me lift a finger! And we have been spoiled by so many friends, neighbors, and ward members bringing us meals. I think I may have to bite the bullet and start cooking again next week when we eventually finish off all the yummy leftovers.




We are very happy and life is so good.

4 comments:

  1. i have been stalking your blog waiting for pictures :) lydia looks so big!!! i love the family picture and the one of grant and rhett (rex as i thought he was named :) ) it's a cool one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute to see you are now a family of 4. You all look great! Morgan keeps talking about his hair, he is so adorable, and I am so happy everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you guys!! What a beautiful family! - Jenny ( grants cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loni!! Congrats! He is so precious, and Lydia is growing up into a beautiful little girl! What a fun family. :)

    ReplyDelete