Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Munchkins

Time is flying by far too quickly at our house. Our children are growing like weeds.
Rhett is almost six months old! He has started eating baby food and loves it. He is a mover and is contsantly wiggling, rolling, and he has almost perfected sitting up. He is quick to smile and is such a patient little guy.

Not only is Lydia growing up physically, but mentally and emotionally, too. She is completely potty trained and loves wearing her "big girl panties". She gets a thrill from making Rhett laugh and is constantly performing for him. She wants to do what is right and be a good girl. There is almost nothing she can't or doesn't say. Just now she was playing with her doll crib, and one of the pieces came off of it. I offered to fix it for her, but she said "Don't worry about me Mommy, I will fix it for you."

Lydia has been a life saver for Rhett's tummy time. He's much more content on his tummy if she is there by him to chat and play with.


Rhett has recovered from his extreme hatred of baths. He used to scream every. single. time. But has now decided he loves it and kicks and splashes the entire time, so we both end up getting washed. :)


Anytime Rhett gets his picture taken, Lydia requests one of her own. She also asks me to take a picture of her every time she holds Rhett. So, we have LOTS of pictures of him sitting on her lap. I'm sure I'll be grateful for them years down the road.

I love my little munchkins and I love being a mother. It is challenging at times, it tests my patience, and some days leave me physically and mentally exhausted, but the sweet hugs from Lydia, the melt-your-heart smiles from Rhett, the "please"s and "thank you"s without reminding, the blowing bubbles together on the porch, and countless other things make those hard days totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Having two was fun, fun, fun - and so exhausting!! Your kids are so super cute! I love that Lydia helps out with tummy time. So sweet! I'm sure she's a great little helper. :)
    Let's play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Loni!!! That made me smile!! She is getting so big & those are such sweet pictures of you with them & them both on the floor. Sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete