Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Friday, February 17, 2012

November

Quick recap of the last few months:
Rhett perfected his frowny, sad face.
 We spent lots of time playing.
 We had a yummy thanksgiving dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Daniels' house (I think this is THE only picture I have from Thanksgiving. Sad, huh?).
 We practiced "cheesing" for the camera.


 Oh yeah. And Grant had shoulder surgery. :)
He had an old injury repaired from back in his single days and had his arm in this lovely sling, complete with a plush pillow and cell phone compartment, for six. long. weeks. I don't know who was more excited for him to get it off, me or him! In this picture he was pretty out of it, and the more we talk about that eventful day, the more I realize he doesn't remember a thing about that day post-surgery. Just the other day he was talking about how when I came to pick him up from the hospital, he had gotten himself all dressed and ready to go. Um, NO. When I got there, he was all drugged up, with one eyelid so droopy he looked like Quasimodo, and I was the one that had to get him all dressed and ready to go. Before he went in for the surgery, he figured it would be no big deal---it was outpatient surgery, he'd be back to work the next day! I kept telling him he shouldn't plan on it, and I hate to say it, but I was right. He couldn't even take that sling off for the first 48 hours, so there was no way he could even put a shirt on! Those first few days post surgery were pretty interesting. We did get a really cool cold pack, though! You just fill the cooler with ice and water, plug it in, strap on the pads, and it circulates cold water through the pads. Grant said that cold pack was way better than any pain relievers he took.

Grant is doing really well now. He got the sling off right before Christmas, and now he goes to physical therapy once or twice a week. The doctors say he's progressing really well.


Oh, and for my birthday, Grant and his dad perfirmed a river dance for me. Best present ever. Sorry it's sideways. I can't figure out how to turn it. And, sorry John. I couldn't resist. :)


So that's it for us! Next post, I'll update you all on our December adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment