Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Monday, March 12, 2012

Sleep

(I just had to include this pic. Isn't she so cute cuddling her baby Ariel? She even made sure her doll was cozy under the blanket before she fell asleep. How thoughtful.)

Sleep has been on my mind quite a bit lately. For many reasons. 

Number one, I'm not getting enough. And even on nights when I do manage to get a decent amount of sleep, I'm still tired. Constantly. And then a scary thought came into my head. "Maybe I'm pregnant." But that wasn't the scary thought. The scary thought was what followed: "I could handle that, having a 2 1/2 year old and a six month old and being pregnant again." 

What?!?! 

And then I came to my senses and realized how crazy that thought was. Nope, not ready for baby number three any time soon. :)

Number two, Rhett is still waking up in the night (hence why I'm not getting enough sleep). Lydia had been sleeping through the night for two months by the time she was Rhett's age, so I just assumed he'd be the same. Nope, he has established a habit that he's quite fond of, but I'm about ready to break that little habit. No more mister nice mommy.

Number three, speaking of night wakings, one night last week I went in to get Rhett out of his crib to nurse him, and stumbling around in the dark, my foot bumped something on the floor in front of Rhett's crib. It was Lydia! She was asleep on the floor. Not sure what possessed her to climb out of bed in the middle of the night, but she was out cold. I picked her up and put her back in her bed, and she just curled up in a ball. Silly girl.

Number four, Grant's out of town again. He gets back tomorrow night, so it's a really short trip, but I never sleep as well when he's not around. I'm a wimp I guess, I get scared. So I usually just hug his pillow all night and pretend that it's him, hoping that will help me feel a little more safe.

And those are my thoughts on sleep. Thrilling, I know. :) 
The End.

4 comments:

  1. Good thing Grant is as big and soft as a pillow so he's easily replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cute picture of Lydia!! Wow! 3 babies? Yeah, that would be crazy...well, I hope you're sleeping better now girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man! I hate when Ben's gone...for the same reason. And goodness! Not sleeping is the worst part of having a new baby. I hope Rhett decides he likes sleeping at night soon...walking mommy zombie is awesome, but not doable for very long. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture of lydia freaked me out because it COULD have been MADELYN she looks just like that when sleeping...with the hair and the position and something about her face. that is crazy. and so cute might i add

    ReplyDelete