A few days ago Lydia and I made these fun leprechaun guys for St. Patrick's Day. Sadly, these are the only decorations we have.
Can you see the eyes and mouth Lydia painted all by herself?
St. Patrick's morning we had our traditional green breakfast. I remember my mom always dyeing our milk green and coming up with other green stuff for us to eat (she even dyed the mayo on my sandwich green once---talk about embarassing, having to eat that in front of all my friends at school!). I love the tradition, and wanted to keep it going in our little family.
We had green milk, green eggs, and green-frosted wheat cinnamon rolls.
(side note: I came up with this clever idea to have fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast without having to get up at 4:30 in the morning to do it! Just make a batch like you normally would, but after you cut the rolls, set them out on cookie sheets and stick them in the freezer. Then, transfer to a freezer bag, and the night before you want them for breakfast, pull some out and let them thaw/raise overnight! Genius, right? I guess it's nothing Rhodes Rolls doesn't already do. But I thought it was clever. Also helps with portion control---you only eat what you pull out of the freezer, instead of nibbling away at the entire batch for the next few days. Not that WE do that.)
Lydia LOVED the idea of a green breakfast and kept asking for green milk for the rest of the day.
I didn't make Rhett eat green cereal, but he was festive with his green bib, bowl, and spoon!
Sooo cute! I want to start this tradition! Good idea. Meggan told Kate all about a leprechaun that sneaks in at night & turns everything green & she was totally freaking out about her safety...haha. Hilarious. She had to change her story. Breakfast is way better & apparently a lot less scary. haha.
ReplyDeleteCute, Loni! I think I need your cinnamon roll recipe. :) We had a green breakfast too, but mine wasn't as awesome as yours! Just some green muffins and green milk. I totally remember the green mayo, too! And green egg salad sandwiches one time. It didn't bother me to eat it, but other people sure thought it was gross.
ReplyDelete