Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Monday, May 21, 2012

My Little Helper






Although Grant was greatly disappointed at first when we found out our first child was a girl, he quickly realized it was actually to our advantage: once she got old enough, we would have a built-in babysitter! A boy could have done that as well, I guess, but girls seem to come prepackaged to enjoy that kind of thing more than boys. Case in point: Lydia LOVES to help with Rhett, and it's been that way since the day he was born. As soon as he was home from the hospital she's made sure he always has toys in front of him, blankets covering him, binkie in mouth, etc. She's my little helper. And not much has changed over the last 8 months of Rhett's life. It's a good thing he adores her so much, or me might get a little tired of her "helping" all the time. :) 

On this particular occasion, I had put a few puffs on Rhett's tray and set the can on the kitchen table. I needed to go in the other room to get something, so I stepped away for just a minute. When I came back in, Lydia was being so helpful, feeding Rhett, and making sure he had PLENTY to eat. Oh dear, it was pretty cute, so I couldn't get mad at her. So what did I do instead? Took a picture to document the cuteness. I really hope they continue to be such good friends as they grow.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I'm a little nervous/excited about with our next one coming. How much 'help' am I going to get? I hope it's the good kind as Lydia seems to be and not the 'hugging you to kill you' kind. Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete