Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Thursday, November 1, 2012

Autumn Outings

I love Fall. It makes me feel like nothing can possibly go wrong and everything is happy. I love the warm smells, the crisp weather (and we actually got a decent Fall in Utah this year!), the colors, everything. Grant asked me recently why I was so happy. I guess it's because it's Fall! Apparently I need to work on being this happy all the time. :)

 
I love Fall field trips. I always try to squeeze as many in as I can before the weather gets too cold here. We made it out to a few places this year that were really fun. Hee Haw Farms has been our tradition since Grant and I were dating. It used to be a corn maze and a haunted barnyard or hayride, but in the last few years they've really expanded and added a lot more family-friendly activities.

Lydia could not get enough of this giant slide. She's usually a pretty cautious girl, but every once in a while she surprises us and musters the courage to try something a little scary.






Rhett is obsessed with animals right now. According to him, all animals make a barking sound, although he did recently add a growl to his repertoire. 


Our second outing was to a family-owned farm in Payson. They had a petting zoo, hay bale maze, hay ride, pony rides, pumpkin patch, and a few make-and-take crafts. Admission was free and you only paid for those activities you wanted to do. That was really nice. It's too bad, I charged the camera battery the night before and loaded it up the next day, but forgot to put the battery back in. So, I have zero pictures, and that's really too bad, because Lydia surprised me again by asking to ride one of the ponies. She was pretty nervous, but once she got on, she was a natural. She wanted to go again, but Mommy was only going to pay for it once. :)


 Our third trip was to the Central Utah Gardens. They gave out free donuts if you wore a costume and had a puking pumpkin demonstration where they mixed hydrogen peroxide with potassium iodide and a little dish soap to make it foam and spill out of the jack-o-lantern's mouth. Lydia thought it was gross, but still liked it. It was nice to have somewhere for her to go wearing her costume--might as well get as much use out of it as possible since I took all the time and energy to make it!

Rhett was an adorable crab.

Do you see the theme?



Rhett was intrigued by the giant spider and couldn't quite figure it out.

We had lots of fun in October, and it all just got us more and more excited for Halloween!


1 comment: