So I realized it's been a while since I blogged, and if I didn't get on the ball soon, I'd be blogging about the biggest change of all for us this summer--a new baby! With one more week til my due date, we're all excited and anticipating his arrival.
But on to all the other changes we've experienced here around the Daniels house.
We are really enjoying Spanish Fork. We've been here a good 7+ months now and are continuing to settle in and get to know the area. Spanish Fork has Fiesta Days, and they do a children's parade. Our primary participated, and Lydia got to dress up as a Native American. I just got some basic brown fabric, added some fringe, and lucky for us the craft store had all their vacation bible school stuff on clearance, including those awesome feathers, so it turned out to be a super cheap outfit! Now I just have to convince Lydia she wants to be Pocahontas for Halloween!
We're still not used to having a child that gets into things. Especially within the last few months, Rhett has gone from our sweet little boy to a little hell raiser. There's no denying we love him, but he "explores" anything and everything, and loves to make messes. One Sunday afternoon, we forgot to close our bathroom door and of course he discovered and took advantage of the opportunity. I came upstairs to find him sound asleep on the floor, at the scene of the crime.
Other changes: we had company for part of a week. My sister's family came to visit and Lydia had a blast playing with all her cousins she hasn't seen in a while. They played games, did puzzles, jumped on the tramp, played outside, and completely wore themselves out. It was really fun to have them stay with us, even though we adults stayed up way too late every night talking and laughing. It was worth it, though. I miss having LaDawn here in Utah.
All the long days of playing was starting to catch up with Lydia. I asked her and her cousin Lizzy to pose for a picture, and this was the best Lydia could give me.
Notice, all the kids running off to play, and again Lydia was lying on the ground. It was too funny and a little pathetic, so I had to capture it on camera. :)
More changes: we moved Lydia into a twin bed, Rhett into her old toddler bed, and got the baby's room all set up. It's been over a week, and I think Rhett's only slept in his bed for one night. He hasn't figured out how to open the door yet, so at least he stays in his room. :) Most of the time we find him sleeping on top of Big Bear.
It's a good thing it's summer time, because I haven't quite finished the quilt for Lydia's bed yet. I took on a few too many projects right before this baby is supposed to come!
One of those projects was Rhett's room. I painted the dresser, used my Cricut machine to cut out the vinyl wall decor, and even added some cool cars and trucks along the base trim. Rhett has already peeled two of the cars off and destroyed them, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to replace them just yet. Maybe when he's older, like 10 or so. ;)
The baby's room is FINALLY ready, with 7 days (or more) to spare.
This was the biggest project I took on---recovering this recliner for the baby's room. I took TONS of pictures as I took it apart so I would know how to reassemble it, but even then it proved pretty tricky. There were some pieces that needed to be sewn, and then the rest had to be stapled onto the frame. Thankfully Grant helped me with that part. I was a bit of a chicken when it came to the staple gun.
We just finished the chair tonight, but these photos were already uploaded, and I'm too worn out to worry about getting an updated photo, so just imagine the bottom half looking just as awesome as the top half. :)
I think we are officially ready for this baby to come. My bag is packed, I'm even having contractions here and there (that's a first for me!), so maybe this baby will decide to come on his own! Having experienced induction twice, I don't really care to have to do it again. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to know exactly when you're going to the hospital so you can schedule babysitting for the kids, but I'm still not a big fan of it.
This may sound dumb, but one of the things I am really excited about, besides getting to meet this little guy, is the hospital carrot cake. When I had Rhett I ordered it for dessert with one of my meals, and it was AMAZING. I've been dreaming about it this entire pregnancy. I hope they still make it! haha. It's my happy thought when I start thinking about all the postpartum recovery that you forget about when you decide you want to get pregnant again. And then you get to the end and remember, oh yeah, this part really stinks. But getting to bring home another sweet baby makes it all worth it.
So come on, little guy, we're ready for you!
So many fun projects! I didn't clean house with my girls - I crafted and decorated! Let's have fun finishing things...like maybe that adorable quilt. I want to see it in person! :)
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, you are creative!
ReplyDelete