Once again, I was terrible at taking pictures while we were in Colorado. Sadly, these are about the only ones I got. Maybe it's because I was just so relieved to be there after our stressful trip that all other cares just went out the window. This year, what only took us 9 hours from the cabin to Provo, took us 16 hours just to get there. We were sliding all over the interstate in the snow, even though we were going really slow. So not only were we in danger from sliding around, but there was also the danger of someone ramming into us because we were going so far under the speed limit. Everyone else was flying past us!!! We finally decided to stop in Grand Junction and switch out our tires. They were supposed to be 85,000 mile tires and had less than 27,000 miles on them, but they were BALD. How frustrating! So, 2 1/2 hours later, with a much lighter wallet, we were on the road again, this time with a driveable car!
We were lucky enough to take two vacations this year and spent New Year's with my family in Colorado. My grandparents have a cabin there so it's always a fun time. It was pretty cold, but we had fun anyway snowmobiling by day, gaming by night. New Year's Eve we burned the Christmas tree and had lots of yummy appetizers. As usual, we sang "Auld Lang Syne" and, as usual, no one new the words, so we all just kind of mumbled through it. What would we do without traditions?
Let me just say--I never would have let Trevor go outside without gloves! His daddy must have helped him get dressed. :) He is a tough kid, though, indeed.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, LaDawn. I was not criticizing your mommy skills at all! I even said something to Ben about it, and he said Trevor refused to wear them, so he gave up. Boys will be boys, I guess!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! All the kids looks so cute. I hope we can make it this year. We miss all of you! I'm really aching to see Lydia and Lizzy! You know I LOVE babies (and baby gifts! shopping for girls is just too much fun.)
ReplyDelete