Yesterday for Grant's birthday I surprised him by taking him to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. We've never been and Grant's always wanted to go, but it's a little pricy, especially for how small it is. But lucky for us, Monday was half price for Family Night! It was an interesting aquarium, really cool for kids, but not quite what we adults were expecting. I'm sure Lydia will love it when she gets a little older. She did enjoy looking at the penguins swim across the glass and hop in and out of the water.
Grant got lots of fun gifts---the one I'm most excited about (and that I picked out), is a grilling cookbook. He's really gotten into grilling lately, so I thought that would be perfect for him! Lots of yummy recipes to try, even desserts for the grill! We started a tradition of grilling once a week, usually fridays, so this cookbook will keep us busy. He also got some camping gear and two of his favorite movies: Get Smart and Shark Week.
We're having his official birthday dinner later in the week, though because I couldn't find the type of turkey I needed for his requested BBQ turkey. It was a fun evening together. I'm glad Grant indulges me. He doesn't like surprises and kept asking me the whole way there, "So where are we going?" It may not have been the surprise he had in mind, but I think he liked it. At least now we can say we've been there, right?
Happy Birthday, Grant! I love you and am glad Lydia and I could celebrate your special day with you!
How did we not know it was Grant's birthday? Why didn't we do some kind of block party of something? Sorry we missed it. Maybe we should hold a block party for everybody's birthday this summer!
ReplyDelete