So, I know it's not usually good for a marriage relationship to be in competition with each other, but this competition is a healthy one. In fact, it's for our health. Grant and I have both added a little extra poundage since we got married (it happens), and we've both been trying to find something to motivate us to lose the weight. I think we've finally found it.
I've been itching to chop my hair for months now, and Grant keeps begging me to keep it long. So, the competition is as follows:
1. The first person to lose 15 pounds determines the length of my hair for 1 year
2. If I win, I can cut my hair right away. If Grant wins, I don't cut my hair and the year starts November 25, 2010 (my birthday).
3. If neither person reaches the goal before the deadline of 11/25/2010, then I have to wait three months before I can choose my hairstyle. After those three months I am free to do as I wish.
4. Unnatural and/or unhealthy methods are not permitted.
5. Weekly weigh-ins will occur each Monday night at 10 p.m. Data will be stored on Wii Fit to track our progress.
We had our weigh-in last night, so we each know that magic number we need to get down to on the scale. This is going to be a piece of cake. Let the games begin!
Yes, that's right Loni, lots of pieces of cake.... that's the trick. I fully support you in that.
ReplyDeleteLOL!! You guys crack me up. I am totally behind you girl!! No more of my yummy treats, of course if Grant wants any I will be more than happy to fix him as much as he wants!
ReplyDeleteJackie, don't write checks you can't cash. You know I'm in for all the sweet fattening treats you can dish out.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize all the little details that were a part of the plan! You guys are hilarious! Can't wait to hear how it goes. After camp, Loni if you need a walking partner, I don't have a sleeping baby to worry about and need to do it myself more often! So let me know! Good luck to both of you. Maybe we could come up with a good bet/challenge for some of us on the block!
ReplyDeleteYou want to know how to loose weight, be married to your brother. He is going to kill me with his exercising. For a start Grant, ride your bike to work and back, starting temps in the morning are only 78, but ending temps today are 108. He is crazy! I can almost keep up with him on the 40 milers we do on the weekends. If he turned it on, her would still beat me by a couple of miles. You will lose more than a couple of pounds, your brain might fall out too. I told him if he was just trying to kill me, then do it with drugs in my sleep. I'll be pulling for you... mostly Loni. I hate to say, you are going to have to stay away from the Mormon fair, a.k.a. some sort of casserole that has some sort of canned soup and sour creme in it every night. That Mormon food for the masses will pack it on for sure. Good luck! And if you need any help, let me know.
ReplyDelete