I love to bake.
There is something about baking that is so much more satisfying than cooking. I guess I see cooking as more of a chore, something I have to do to feed myself and my family. Baking, however, is purely for my own enjoyment (and I guess my family gets to enjoy the fruits of my labor as well). Maybe that's why I like it so much more than cooking.
Yesterday after church I really wanted to make cinnamon rolls. Of course, Grant fully supported me in the idea. :) Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture before we started devouring them, and now the pan just doesn't look so pretty. So here is a photo courtesy of Google to help you invision the yummy delight we have enjoyed the last two days.

Grant and I were so excited when the cinnamon rolls were finally ready for eating. My mouth was watering as I dished up my small plate. I snuggled into bed and took my first big bite--and it was salty! So strange, I have made that recipe several times before and never had that experience. I distinctly remembered putting in the salt, so I knew I hadn't added too much. Grant tried some as well and thought the same thing. How disappointing!
This morning, though, upon giving it a second shot, the salty flavor was gone, much to my relief. A whole batch ruined by a salty flavor would be too depressing. It must have been just that section of dough that had all the salt and didn't get mixed in. Next time I'll be more careful.
I know, it seems really dumb to blog about a cinnamon roll recipe, but it reminded me of how much I love baking. But I feel like I use the same recipes all the time. This year, I want to start trying new recipes. At least two new ones each month. The same goes for cooking. My poor family endures the same meals week after week. I'm going to branch out and start trying new recipes that I know sound good, I just haven't taken the time to try it out.
So here's to a new year with lots of yummy new food.
Yummmm....sounds good. Especially since I am doing this Great in 8 thing. But sounds delicious!! :)
ReplyDeleteOK, I want your recipe! With any luck, Marc will get some of these after dinner too some night...which he would love! ;)
ReplyDelete