Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Monday, March 7, 2011

Ice Castles

Last friday for date night + Lydia we ventured out into the cold to explore the Ice Castles in Midway.

I read about them online over a month ago and really wanted to check it out. Luckily Grant is agreeable to almost anything as long as he doesn't have to plan it. :)
It really was pretty cool. Most of them were lit up inside, and it was very fun to speculate/discover how these things were made. Lydia loved exploring and trudging through the snow. She slipped on the ice a couple times, but thanks to her trusty diaper her tail bone was nice and padded. It didn't phase her one bit.


We had a fun time, and I'd like to go back again next year! We'll see what the rest of the fam says. :)
They are only open through the end of this week, so if you want to check it out, do it soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man...I can't believe it's over so soon. I starting thinking maybe we'd still get to see them the next time we go to Utah, but there's no way we'll be there before it's over. I've never heard of those. What are they exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! First of all, those pictures look gorgeous!! Second of all, that has got to be the cutest little thing EVER!!! That little grin is SOO cute!! These are beautiful. What a cool place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Sorry we didn't join you guys this time...

    ReplyDelete