Grant has always preferred low-key celebrations for his birthday. In fact, the first year we were married I threw a surprise birthday party for him. It was just family, and even then he kindly told me he didn't need a surprise party ever again. :) Lesson learned.
Grant was out of town on business for his actual birthday, so the Friday he got back he took the day off and we just played together as a family. Lydia helped me draw a birthday sign (she drew the balloons all by herself). We went bowling and then came home and had cake and presents.
Notice the final score. I know I'm not all that great, but even Lydia beat "Bryant's" score (somehow the bowling employee misheard Grant when he told her his name)!
Rhett was very patient and sat in a high chair while we played. As long as he has lots of snacks he's good for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment