My sister LaDawn saw the idea online for this cute wreath, so we decided to each make one together. I got the wreath on sale with a coupon, and the leaves and ribbon I bought at the Dollar Tree. The leaves come loose in a bag. It's pretty simple to make. You just take a long peice of wire, about twice the circumference of the wreath, and thread it through each leaf. You can put as many leaves as you want on there. Once they're all on, you can spread them out along the wire however you want. Then wrap it around the wreath. For the bow I made a bunch of loops with the ribbon, then wired it in the middle, then wired that to the wreath. You can buy a sign to put on there, but I found it was much cheaper just to make it. I found the wood panel at a craft store and cut it to the length I wanted, then painted it. I hot glued it to the wreath, and voila! Done! I think with all the supplies it only cost around $7 or $8. It was fun to have someone to do crafts with. Thanks, LaDawn!
Grant, Loni, & Lydia
Monday, October 12, 2009
I Love Fall!!!
Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the crisp air and the crunching of leaves under my feet. It's so fun to take a drive and see all of the beautiful changing colors on the trees. It's just warm enough so you don't have to pull out all the winter clothes quite yet, but cool enough that a light jacket will suffice. Grant doesn't think there is a difference between jackets and coats, and he teases me about the large collection of "jackets" I have (I think I may have an addiction). But as a lover of Fall, I definitely know there is a difference. Grant loves Halloween and waits in anticipation all year for the spooky festivities, so between the two of us, there are a lot of happy faces around our house. We have made a deal when it comes to decorations: I can put up any cutsie fall/halloween decorations I want to inside the house, but the outside is reserved for his creepy concoctions. So I feel very privileged that he gave me permission to put this Fall wreath on our front door! He said it can stay up until Halloween night and then it has to come down, but I can put it back up again the next day.

My sister LaDawn saw the idea online for this cute wreath, so we decided to each make one together. I got the wreath on sale with a coupon, and the leaves and ribbon I bought at the Dollar Tree. The leaves come loose in a bag. It's pretty simple to make. You just take a long peice of wire, about twice the circumference of the wreath, and thread it through each leaf. You can put as many leaves as you want on there. Once they're all on, you can spread them out along the wire however you want. Then wrap it around the wreath. For the bow I made a bunch of loops with the ribbon, then wired it in the middle, then wired that to the wreath. You can buy a sign to put on there, but I found it was much cheaper just to make it. I found the wood panel at a craft store and cut it to the length I wanted, then painted it. I hot glued it to the wreath, and voila! Done! I think with all the supplies it only cost around $7 or $8. It was fun to have someone to do crafts with. Thanks, LaDawn!
My sister LaDawn saw the idea online for this cute wreath, so we decided to each make one together. I got the wreath on sale with a coupon, and the leaves and ribbon I bought at the Dollar Tree. The leaves come loose in a bag. It's pretty simple to make. You just take a long peice of wire, about twice the circumference of the wreath, and thread it through each leaf. You can put as many leaves as you want on there. Once they're all on, you can spread them out along the wire however you want. Then wrap it around the wreath. For the bow I made a bunch of loops with the ribbon, then wired it in the middle, then wired that to the wreath. You can buy a sign to put on there, but I found it was much cheaper just to make it. I found the wood panel at a craft store and cut it to the length I wanted, then painted it. I hot glued it to the wreath, and voila! Done! I think with all the supplies it only cost around $7 or $8. It was fun to have someone to do crafts with. Thanks, LaDawn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute wreath Loni! Autumn is my favorite season as well!!
ReplyDelete