Has it really been a year already since we welcomed this sweet little babe into our family?
Lydia Claire Daniels
August 14, 2009
8 lb. 8 oz. 20.5 inches

Look what a beautiful little one year old she has grown to be!

Last Saturday we celebrated Lydia's one-year birthday with a teeny tiny party. Poor Lydia was so tired that day, but she was so good the entire time. This is about as close as we could get to a smile out of her.


It was a "tiny" theme, so I made tiny invitations with the following little poem:
"A teeny cake, a ton of fun. A tiny girl turning one!"
I got the idea from my sister-in-law who saw a similar one-year birthday party on a blog. It turned out really cute. It was pretty simple, and I had a lot of fun planning it. It may be a little silly to even plan a birthday party for a one year old, but I'm glad I did. It was a lot of fun. We had everything tiny: tiny hot dogs, tiny drinks, tiny cakes (cupcakes), tiny fruit kabobs, and tiny bowtie pasta salad. I even made a tiny cake for Lydia to sink her hands into.




Lydia saw me decorating the cake that morning and was begging for it. I think she thought it was some cool toy. When we gave it to her, she grabbed it right away, but realized it was soft and squishy, so she was a little surprised. It took a lot of coaxing to get her to touch it again and get a little taste. She was so delicate with the cake, it was really cute. She just picked off chunks of pink frosting the whole time. Grant tried to push her hand down into the cake to help her see that she could grab handfuls of cake, but Lydia did not like that at all. She got a really sad look on her face and started to cry! I don't know if she was sad that the cake was smashed, or maybe she didn't like the feeling of all that frosting on her hands! It was very cute, though.



She's really gotten into sharing lately. :)


What was left of the cake after she (and Daddy) demolished it.

Lydia had a blast playing with all her new toys with Daddy and her cousins. We were glad so much of our family here in Utah could come!


Notice Lydia's sad face in this picture. She started crying because Daddy took away her new doll. She didn't realize he was trying to get it out of the box for her!

There, all better. She absolutely loves that doll. She hugs and squeezes it, and she even trys to rock it sometimes! So cute.

She also really likes her new shapes blender that G&G Daniels gave her. She sways back and forth to the music.

I think Lydia's first birthday was a success. Thanks to everyone for coming!
(LaDawn, RaeLynn, and families, G&G Daniels, Aaron and family, and Jasmyn and family)
We loved having you there with us and I know Lydia loved all the attention. She's such a ham, and we love her to pieces. Happy Birthday, Lydia!
Awww Congrats!! I can't believe she's a year old!!! Wow!! That is SO cute what you did with the food & such!! Awesome! How creative!
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S. - Your mom told me you were coming in October & I am SOOOO excited!!!! :) Eek! Yay! Can't wait to meet that beautiful baby girl!
Loni, this is SO, SO cute. I can't believe how old she looks. All that blonde hair too! And funny how she didn't want to mess up the cake! She is so sweet. Good job on the party!
ReplyDelete