I have decided that if our kids are old enough to walk, they are old enough to trick-or-treat! One of the perks of living in Utah Valley is that the majority of people agree that when Halloween falls in Sunday, the trick-or-treating gets moved to Saturday! It worked out very nicely. Our little giraffe was ready to go, right about the time it started pouring rain outside. We waited for a bit, but Grant didn't want to miss all the trick-or-treaters while we were out, so we braved the storm and headed out for some candy-grabbing fun!
Grant and I spend most of Saturday setting up and gearing up for the night. It was nice, though, just to be home together. It's been a while since we've had a free Saturday. We didn't get quite as many trick-or-treaters as last year, but we had a good time, and Grant was able to scare a group of teenage boys pretty good. It made his night. I stayed inside and watched "The Burbs" while I listened for shreaks and screams, my cue to open the door for trick-or-treaters. :) At one point I was standing outside, and a boy came riding down our street on his bike. He stopped at the neighbor's house, went across the street and down, but refused to come to our door. We even tried to coax him by claiming to have really good candy, but with no success. I think the boy saw Grant go hide, and he didn't want to take any chances at getting spooked. Smart kid!
I think that is a great picture of all three of you!
ReplyDelete