Lydia turned two a few weeks ago and we had a little family party for her the day before her birthday. I made the invitations to look like a picnic/BBQ theme.
I wanted to keep it simple this year, being almost 8 1/2 months pregnant, so all of the food was easy stuff I could prepare the day before. Veggies, watermelon, pasta salad, hot dogs, and hamburgers.
I wasn't going to get anything fancy for the papergoods, but the day before the party I was at the grocery store and by complete coincidence walked past a little stand that had these cute plates and napkins on it. I thought, it's a sign---I HAVE to get them. So I did. Don't they match perfectly? Especially with the cake (picture is further down).
Lydia loved playing with all the cousins that were able to come. We missed RaeLynn's family, though!
The cake. I had this idea for the cake for about a month, and was anxious to see how it would turn out. Cake designs always seem so simple in my head, and then whe I go to try it, it is much more complicated. This one really wasn't too bad, though. It did take a few hours, but was really pretty simple to make. See what I mean about the plates? Perfect match!
The "Happy Birthday Lydia" is just paper I cut out with my Cricut machine. I'm finding more and more uses for that thing all the time (my next project is to make paper dolls for Lydia)!
Lydia seemed a little leary about the fire on the cake. She didn't want to get near it, so she had some help blowing out the candles.
She loved the cake and of course ate all the frosting off first!
And she absolutely LOVED all of her presents. Of course she wanted all of them opened right away so she could test them out.
The next day, Lydia's real birthday, we let her open her presents from Grant and I. We got her a new baby doll, hoping that will keep her busy when the real baby arrives in the next week or so. She ADORES it and carries it around everywhere. It has all these accessories that she's never had before to take care of her baby. It even has a magnetic binky that will stick to the baby's mouth!
Lydia is such a little mommy and I'm sure will absolutely love having a little brother to mother and smother. :)
She'll get to meet him soon! My due date is on friday (9/2) so hopefully this little guy doesn't come much later than that! We can't wait any longer!
Loni, you are amazing!! That cake is beautiful! You're so crafty & creative. You're already SUPER Mom & you only have 1 1/2 so far!! I wanna be like you Loni! I love you girl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute theme - you always make everything beautiful. That cake is AMAZING. How do you do that? Lydia is a doll. Happy birthday, big girl!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little girl! Congrats on your baby boy too...you are a cute mama!
ReplyDelete