So a few weeks ago I hurt my back. Not a huge deal, I was just pretty stiff and Grant told me I walked like my grandma, leaning sideways with my hips cocked. I've had back problems in the past, so I figured it would eventually get better like it always has before.
I wasn't so lucky this time.
A few days later, Grant was still making fun of me when I came to have lunch with him at work. I'm surprised all of his coworkers didn't point and laugh when I walked in, he'd been telling them all about my "issues". Then over that weekend, it took a turn for the worse. A BIG turn. I had just gotten Rhett out of his highchair after breakfast and was walking into the other room when I sneezed (you know how when you sneeze your whole body kind of convulses for just a quick second?) and completely doubled over in pain. Thank goodness I was right by the couch so Rhett had a soft place to land! I couldn't even get up. Grant had to come pry Rhett out of my hands, and he somehow managed to get me up off the floor. Needless to say I did not go to church that day. I couldn't move!
The next day was Labor Day, so all doctor's offices were closed. Just peachy. I couldn't even walk from our bedroom to the kitchen (and most of you know how small our house is!) without breaking out in a sweat, panting, and on the verge of tears because the pain was so bad. All of our lovely plans for the 3-day weekend went out the window.
Our home teacher's wife recommended a chiropractor she's been to and luckily we were able to get in Tuesday. I was skeptical at first because of all the mixed opinions about chiropractors, but a real doctor didn't have an opening until Friday, so we were desperate. After we left I could hardly walk out of the office. It was bad. I felt even worse than when we arrived! Grant and I were both feeling very discouraged. The chiropractor told us it could take 2 weeks to get back to 50% normal, and possibly 2 months before I could get back to my regular activities! We decided to give the chiropractor another chance, and thankfully that appointment went much better. Still very painful, but slightly lessened.
Well, I am here to tell you that miracles do happen. After only a week, I was feeling nearly back to normal and able to take care of the kids once again. Good thing, because Grant had a business trip coming up! He had stayed home the entire week managing the house while I was incapacitated. He even made Rhett a BYU football birthday cake since we had to postpone his birthday party. And he hates baking, so that was certainly a labor of love.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Grant, for all of your love and support! And thank you to all the friends and neighbors who brought meals, watched our kids during doctor visits, etc. We felt very loved!

No picture of the cake? So disappointing.
ReplyDeleteSo crazy! I am glad that you're feeling better, and hopefully everything stays well!
ReplyDeleteThat little boy is so adorable! Little boys with haircuts are so cute!! Love it!
Girl, I work for Ben (meggan's husband) who's a chiropractor. I'm so glad you stuck with it! Miracle workers..Love you girl & so glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete