It seems like the weeks keep flying by faster and faster. This last week was no exception. We had a crazy week filled with dentist appointments, Scouting for Food, a musical, projects, more Scouting, and even MORE Scouting.
We went to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, the Musical, at our local Hale Center Theater, with some friends in our ward. It was pretty good! The scene with Ruprecht was definitely the best. Hilarious! If you've never seen the movie, it makes for a fun date night (but don't worry, it's not a musical).
While Grant was at one of his many Scouting meetings on Saturday, I reupholstered our kitchen chairs. They were in desperate need of a makeover. The old chairs looked like this:
Now, introducing the new and improved chairs:
No more faded, stained fabric that doesn't match anything in the kitchen, and all for only $6! I even have some leftover fabric, maybe even enough to make some matching curtains! All of this sounds so weird coming from my mouth---my mom would tell you I hate sewing, and I usually do! But I've been on this kick lately. Last week I added a ruffle to the bottom of a dress I bought at Old Navy---it was just a tad too short. I just googled a video tutorial on ruffles and tried it out. It turned out pretty well, so I wore it to church.
While I was searching for that video, I saw another tutorial for making a cute summery shirt. I'm really drawn to it, I want to make it so bad! Am I going crazy? Remember how I get so frustrated while I sew, and I always have to pull out the manual, because I don't use the machine enough to even remember how to thread the bobbin? *Sigh* I think subconsciously I'm starting to like sewing, I just can't get myself to admit it. Maybe someday I'll reveal my secret passion. :)
Haha. So funny. Girl! Those chairs look AWESOME!!! Seriously!! I love em! I want to learn how to sew for sure! :) You are awesome girl! I love that you posted this...keep em comin! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the chairs, they are so cute! You are so cute, you can do it!
ReplyDeleteWow... I am impressed Loni! good job on those chairs, you did great!
ReplyDeletewhere is the picture of your skirt?
I just looked through your most recent posts and have to say how cute your little girl is! Photo shoot pictures are awesome! I need to do something like that too!