Looking at all of our pictures, I realize I still have more catching up to do.
Grant gave me these gorgeous tulips (my favorite flower) for Valentine's Day. They were a very sweet surprise!
They were delivered to the house while I was actually at lunch with Grant, so they left the flowers at our carport door. I usually go through that door when I go inside the house, but I noticed that the mail came while I was gone, so I went through the front door instead to get the mail. Needless to say I never saw the tulips. Grant came home from work acting kind of weird. He was asking me strange questions and searching all around the house for something, but he wouldn't tell me what he was doing. He was looking for the flowers!!! He thought I was playing a joke on him by hiding the flowers and acting like I never got them. He finally found them outside in the carport and delivered them to me himself. I felt so bad! Luckily the flowers survived the cold outside and looked beautiful in our house.

For Valentine's weekend we planned to go bowling while Grant's brother Aaron was in town and volunteered to babysit for us. Grant and I have never been bowling together, except for playing it on the Wii. Pathetic, huh? So we were pretty excited. Our hopes were shot down, though, when we went to three different bowling allies trying to find one that wasn't jam-packed! They had rediculous waiting lists, so we gave up on that idea and went to a movie instead. That was also nice, because we haven't been to a theater since Lydia was born. Afterwards we came home, had dinner, and enjoyed chocolate fondue for dessert. It was yummy! We've decided we need to educate ourselves better on how to fondue so next time it will taste even better!
For Valentine's weekend we planned to go bowling while Grant's brother Aaron was in town and volunteered to babysit for us. Grant and I have never been bowling together, except for playing it on the Wii. Pathetic, huh? So we were pretty excited. Our hopes were shot down, though, when we went to three different bowling allies trying to find one that wasn't jam-packed! They had rediculous waiting lists, so we gave up on that idea and went to a movie instead. That was also nice, because we haven't been to a theater since Lydia was born. Afterwards we came home, had dinner, and enjoyed chocolate fondue for dessert. It was yummy! We've decided we need to educate ourselves better on how to fondue so next time it will taste even better!
I didn't decorate for Valentine's Day until the week before, so when I pulled out my two little decorations, I realized that I needed to expand my collection. I didn't find the time to make this until after Valentine's Day, but at least it's all ready to go for next year, right?
I found the idea online. It's really easy to make, and very inexpensive!
I just bought a 1" thick sheet of styrofoam and cut out two hearts the sizes I wanted (my hearts are about 6" and 9" tall). Then I got around 1/4 yard of three different fabrics and cut them all into 2" squares. Then I just started gluing. I put a small dot of glue on the styrofoam, then pushed the center of the square into the glue. I used a glue gun, which worked great, just be careful not to burn your hands! I glued a ribbon down the back and made a loop at the top to hang it on the front door. You can cut a heart-shaped piece of felt or something to cover the edges of fabric on the back, but I didn't have any the right color so I skipped that step.
did you have lots of red/pink fabric around or you went and bought some??? It is a really cute idea and looks great!!! Good job!
ReplyDeleteI had some pink fabric, but I wanted a variety of colors/patterns, so I went and bought a couple more different fabrics. You should try it! Really easy and really cheap!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your baby girl is ADORABLE!!!! She looks so much like you, so take that as a big compliment! I hope you're doing well.
Love this idea!! I did something this year that was kinda similar. I'll post my pictures soon of them! haha. I REALLY need to update my blog! Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Lindsay! I was just thinking a few days ago how I wished you would update your blog! I need to know what's going on in your life! I guess a phone call would work, but you always seem to be running around---what a busy woman! I hope you're doing well. :) Come visit us in Utah, okay?
ReplyDeleteHey, I think I recognize some of that fabric. ;)
ReplyDelete