Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daniels Annual Camping Trip

The annual Daniels Family camping trip was last week so all of the Daniels boys were coming into town with their families for the event. Grant's brother Ben and his wife Wendy were coming a little early to spend some time in Salt Lake. Mom Daniels took the kids and they enjoyed a day at Lagoon. the next day they cam down to Provo. Grant and Ben went golfing while Wendy and I went to Color Me Mine--a pottery-painting place at the Riverwoods Shopping Center. I haven't seen how Wendy's turned out yet, they picked hers up separately on their way back home after the camping trip. I painted this gravy/syrup/sauce/whatever-you-want-in-it pitcher. I had a really good time chatting and painting with Wendy and getting to know her better. Lydia came along with us and she did pretty well. Some toys and snacks kept her occupied most of the time.
Align Center
Monday the 28th all of the Daniels headed out for the week-long camping trip. We stayed through Friday, survived all the dirt and grime and came back to shower and groom ourselves back to a recognizable state of being. Grant was really proud of the facial hair he had managed to grow that week (by the way, any hint of facial hair in the following picture is actually just dirt from a four wheeler ride).


Have I told you before how much Lydia is a Daddy's girl? Well, she is, BIG TIME.

The cool and clean set up we had for the baby girls. Too bad Lydia only stayed on their 50% of the time. I wish she had followed Madelyn's example--she stayed on the tarp the whole time! Oh well, lots of DIRTY laundry to do.


There was also a lot of wood carving going on that week, especially with some of the grandsons getting old enough to do it. They thought that was really cool.

(Grant's Dad working on a toy gun)

I got to escape with Grant one day for a four wheeler ride. It was raining, and I only brought one pair of long pants, so I borrowed the bottom half of Grant's rain gear to keep them dry. Lookin' good! It brings out the brown in my eyes, huh? And so flattering to my figure.

The two baby girls with Grandma Daniels. These girls are only two weeks apart! Lydia had a great time following Madelyn around all week, and Madelyn was good enough to tolerate it, all while cutting lots of teeth! Poor girl.

Another day we had craft time and painted wooden cut outs, boxes, bird houses, and tiny toy cars.

One day was spent fishing. The goings were slow at first, but we were able to trick a few fish.


Grant and his nephew Austin.

Aaron and his fiance Amber, Dad Daniels and Hyrum at the edge of the pond.
Hyrum patiently waiting for a catch.

Grant didn't catch any fish this trip, probably because he was zoned in on this toy car he was widdling away at.

The lounging ladies.

Lydia was a good sport the whole week.

Kyle decided to keep his fish and fry it up for dinner.

Look, it magically grew bigger!

Watch out, Lydia's behind the wheel!

night-time treats around the camp fire.

What a view! It was a nice week of camping. A little bit of rain, but it didn't spoil the week. By the time Friday came, though, we were ready for our hot showers. I'm pretty sure Grant's parents didn't have any hot water for the rest of the day. Thanks for a great week, Daniels clan!

3 comments:

  1. first of all great pictures from camping. i forgot my camera at john and cyndys can you believe it?! can you email me the pictures of kyle and ben and the fish??? i love your pitcher. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah and it's funny how in the camping pictures - in my family you can't tell which are girls, which are the boys ... we're all dressed like boys :) haha it's better than dressing the boys in girl clothes i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loni I love the pictures. You took some really good ones. I have a few that I took, but you are a far better photographer!

    ReplyDelete