Grant, Loni, & Lydia


Friday, July 9, 2010

Strawberry Days Rodeo

Although Summer is not my favorite season of the year, I do love the relaxed atmosphere that seems to filled the air all the fun activities and festivals that go on here in Utah County.
A few weeks ago Grant and I went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo in Pleasant Grove. We started this little tradition when we were dating and love going each year. We went with my friend and old roommate Jasmyn and her husband Marc. They have a baby girl just two weeks older than Lydia (I think I've posted about her in the past), so it's fun to get together with them. We left the babes at home this time, though since it was going to be a late night and the girls might not handle the rowdy crowd very well.


It was a fun night. We always enjoy a refreshing cup of strawberries and cream while we make fun of the rodeo clown and cheer on the cowboys. The most entertaining part of the night, I think, was the wild cow milking contest. I had never seen anything quite like it until I attended this rodeo three years ago. HILARIOUS. There are teams of men chasing down the cows to try and milk them. Kudos to all those men for their efforts. It looks like a tough job.

Although the "half-time" show wasn't as impressive as in past years (they usually have a motocross team perform....this year it was a lady on a horse trying to guide these bison onto a ramp= kinda lame), all in all it was a good show. I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment